Head of E-Commerce (REQ000033)
Full time, permanent
Head office based (Bournemouth)
Salary upon application and DOE
Ceuta Group is a global consumer brand service organisation working with some of the most dynamic brands in Health & Personal Care, Food & Drink and Household Categories. Our 450+ employees across the Ceuta Group support every aspect of brand growth for our clients and customers. Ceuta Healthcare, the flagship company based in Bournemouth, was established 25 years ago and continues to develop brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently. Our business model and bespoke approach make us an invaluable business partner, and our Gold Investors in People accreditation demonstrates that we value our talented people and recognise that they are integral for helping us achieve our goals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
We are looking for a Head of E-Commerce. This is a full time, permanent, Head-Office based (Bournemouth) position reporting to our Director of Commercial Development.
This important role is responsible for leading our expanding E-Commerce team. The successful candidate will drive the development of the team and exceed budget of a stand-alone P&L. We are looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, has understanding of the market (current and future), is able to take a commercially astute, long term, big picture and the ambitious view of the business, and create a compelling e-commerce strategy and ensure its execution.
Although this is an office-based position at our Bournemouth Head Office, we are currently operating a temporary Hybrid Working model whereby the successful candidate may request to work from home 2 days per week until 31st December 2021.
The key competencies required for this role are:
- 6+ years of experience in e-commerce, preferably for an FMCG manufacturers
- Amazon seller and vendor platforms
- Other UK Marketplace
- Management of the e-commerce operations of omnichannel customers (e.g. Tesco, Boots, Holland & Barrett etc.)
- Experience of E-pharmacy customers (e.g. Chemist 4 you)
- Experience of managing Amazon and other marketplaces throughout Europe, America, China and the rest of the world would advantageous)
- DTC brand building experience
- Digital Marketing, social media and social commerce
- Management of an e-commerce centric team
- Full P&L accountability and budget management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Authority, influence and credibility with key internal and external customers in order to develop Ceuta’s digital centre of excellence.
- Proven track record in growing a successful e-commerce business with experience in both strategy development and operational execution
- Exceptional leader and collaborative team player in a highly agile and fast-paced environment
- Proven accountability for delivery of digital activations and ROI measurements
- Ability and desire to create strong relationships and collaborate at all levels of the organisation
- Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions when implementing strategic choices
- The ability to understand and utilise customer data sources i.e. Dunnhumby, Nielsen, Kantar to transform insight into action
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to network across the wider Ceuta Group, senior trade customers and senior client contacts.
- The ability to present to external stakeholders with confidence, serving as the company’s spokesperson, in order to promote the services of the Group and achieve the desired outcomes.
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop others to ensure the smooth and effective management of the team.
- The ability to deal with confidential employee information in accordance with the company Data Protection Policy
- The ability to manage difficult and sensitive employee issues with empathy and without judgement
- The ability to set SMART objectives in order to ensure the success of the team and have a positive impact on the company
- Competitive remuneration package, DOE
- 25-day basic holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare Scheme
- Sick pay after 6 months
- Access to our online training academy
- Reimbursed parking in central Bournemouth
- Free breakfast every Friday
A detailed position profile with further KPIs and competencies can be found here. If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to apply. You can search for this vacancy using the unique vacancy reference number REQ000033.
For more information about how we will store and process your personal data during the recruitment and selection process, and your rights as a data subject, our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
The closing date for applications is 20/08/2021, but for exceptional candidates we will consider applications made after this date.