Go2Grocery Senior Customer Business Manager (REQ000127)
Full time, fixed term
Field-based (frequent travel to customer sites required)
Salary DOE and upon application
We currently have a vacancy for Senior Customer Business Manager in our Go2Grocery team. This is a full time, fixed term, field-based position reporting to our Head of Go2Grocery.
This is a maternity cover position for up to 12 months commencing in July.
As Senior Customer Business Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of customer development and management with a shopper and category based approach. You will achieve volume, revenue and profit aligned with strategic objectives in allocated customers.
The key competencies required for the role are:
- Minimum 3 years’ FMCG experience within a commercial role (sales, marketing or operations).
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering account specific JBP’s.
- Experience of working with customers ideally within sales, trade marketing or category
management (working within grocery is ideal but not a prerequisite)
- Strong experience and understanding of grocery trade sectors (multiples, convenience,
- Experienced in utilising IRI/Nielsen Market and EPOS data to deliver commercial
outcomes is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of developing new business outside of your immediate
- Demonstrable knowledge of negotiation strategies and category management is
- A good standard of education including Maths and English.
- A strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance,
including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, return on capital employed and sales
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to analyse trends and create
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to create impactful
presentations for the trade review meetings.
- Understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise
these in client & customer recommendations and proposals.
- The ability to utilise web based retailer portals and use them effectively to identify and
- A good understanding of external factors and industry knowledge that may affect
- The ability to communicate and negotiate in order to interface effectively within all levels
of a customer’s business.
- The ability to use initiative and work autonomously in order to manage your own
responsibilities ensuring that work is completed within set deadlines.
- Competitive total remuneration DOE
- Company car and fuel card
- 25 days basic holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare Scheme
- Occupational sick pay after 6 months
- Access to our online learning academy
A detailed position profile with further KPIs and competencies can be found here. If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to apply. You can search for this vacancy using the unique vacancy reference number REQ000127.
For more information about how we will store and process your personal data during the recruitment and selection process, and your rights as a data subject, our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.