Assistant Accountant (REQ000039)
Full time, permanent position
Head Office based (Bournemouth) – option of hybrid working until 31st December
Salary upon application and DOE
We currently have a new vacancy for an Assistant Accountant in our Finance Team. This is a full time, permanent, Head-Office based (Bournemouth) position reporting to our Finance Manager.
Although this is an office-based position at our Bournemouth Head Office, we are currently operating a temporary Hybrid Working model whereby the successful candidate may request to work from home 2 days per week until 31st December 2021.
This important will work closely with both the Transactional Processing team and the Management Accountant to ensure the month end accounts are produced to time and quality.
The key competencies required for this role are:
- Previous experience of auto and manual reconciliations is essential.
- Previous experience of working in an accounts environment required.
- Experience of double entry accounting, raising invoices and reconciling Balance Sheet accounts required.
- Demonstrable experience of good customer service, including building relationships with employees and external stakeholders.
- Minimum AAT level 2 or foundation stage accounting qualification essential.
- Educated to a good level of general education, to include literacy and numeracy.
- Can demonstrate the flexibility and ability to work with multiple currency accounts.
- Has the ability to use Excel to an intermediate level to download data from systems and analyse it for reconciliation.
- Has the ability to use computerised accounting systems, preferably SAP.
- Has the ability to work to deadlines whilst ensuring attention to detail and quality of work.
- Good people skills and the ability to talk effectively about their work to non-accountants is essential for performing cost center review with managers.
- An understanding of how an accounts team works and how to interact with the different roles within the team required.
- Competitive remuneration package, DOE
- 25-day basic holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare Scheme
- Sick pay after 6 months
- Access to our online training academy
- Reimbursed parking in central Bournemouth
- Free breakfast every Friday
A detailed position profile with further KPIs and competencies can be found here. If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to apply. You can search for this vacancy using the unique vacancy reference number REQ000039.
For more information about how we will store and process your personal data during the recruitment and selection process, and your rights as a data subject, our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
The closing date for applications is 07/08/2021, but for exceptional candidates we will consider applications made after this date.